Providing roofing repair, roof replacements, new residential roofs, & more
A roofing system is a critical structural component of any home. Since your roof provides protection for your entire home and family, you want to make sure that it is as durable as possible, for as long as possible. Cardinal Roofing and Restoration utilizes the highest quality materials and latest roofing technology for every residential roofing project we work on in Birmingham AL and the surrounding areas.
In the event your roof needs repair, Cardinal Roofing understands the severity of a roofing leak or damage to the structure of the roof. Count on us to restore your peace of mind through exceptional roof repair in the Birmingham AL area.
Roofing Repair Tips – Red Flags to Indicate a Roof Repair is Imminent
Below we’ve listed 8 ways to check to see if your home is a candidate for a roof repair or replacement. These warning signs are a good indicator that you may want to contact a roofing repair specialist, like Cardinal Roofing, to assess the roof damage, and provide a free quote to repair your roof.
- Roof Age – How old is your existing asphalt shingle roof? Most experts agree that a typical roof will last between 20 and 25 years. It also depends on whether the old roof was removed and you only have one layer of shingles, and if it is properly ventilated. If the roof was installed over another layer or several layers and it is older than 20 years, chances are you need a new roof.
- Excessive energy costs – If you think your utility bills are running a bit high, it might be due to a damaged roof.
- Exterior decay, mildew, or mold – This is typical of aging or poorly ventilated roofs
- Missing, cracked, or curled shingles – Again, this can be related to roof age
- Dark patches on the roof or Leakage in the attic
- Stains on interior ceilings or walls
- Blistering or peeling paint
- Excessive Roof Granules in the Gutters or Loose on the Roof
If you notice these problems on your home, contact Cardinal Roofing & Restoration to schedule a roof repair consultation.
Our roofing contractors provide common roof repairs in Birmingham AL (typically complete in a day) including:
- Chimney repairs
- Roof Leak Repairs
- Worn Out Roof Jacks and Vents
- Old Age, Sun, Heat Damage
- General Roof Maintenance
- Repair Skylight Leaks
- Replace Missing Roof Shingles
- Gutter Repairs & Downspouts
- Roofing Flashing Repairs
- Hurricane, Hail and Wind Damage to Roof
Cardinal Roofing & Restoration installs a premium roofing system value through our lifetime warranty on labor defects and a no-money-down policy. Also, you won’t be billed until your roof repair is completed to your satisfaction.
If anything about your roof repair isn’t satisfactory, we’d like to know! As a Cardinal Roofing customer, you’re encouraged to reach a member of our fully-staffed office at 2053778400 anytime you have questions or concerns about your roof repair project.
Over 20 Years of Personalized Roof Repairs in Birmingham AL
At Cardinal Roofing & Restoration, we’re proud of our dedication to customer service. We take the time to personalize your roof repair project:
- We handle roof repairs in Birmingham from “end to end” with our support staff working in unison with your lead roofing consultant, to the roofing installers. You’ll meet your lead service professional during your initial in-home consultation when you get your estimate, and he’ll be your go-to-guy for your entire project. He’ll be the one to determine the crew, ensure all the proper items are ordered, and complete the final inspection. You’ll have his direct cellphone number in the event you need to discuss any steps of the project.
- We help you deal with your insurance company. Severe weather, fire, or other unforeseen causes are often the cause of roof damage – and that means you’re probably eligible for an insurance claim We can assist with the homeowner’s insurance claims process for roof repairs or replacement roofs as necessary.
Types of Roof Repairs
There are several of things to consider when assessing an extensive roof repair. Of course, cost and durability head the list, but aesthetics and architectural style are important, too. We’ll help you match shingles or materials to your existing roof when possible, and do our best to make your roof look good as new. When you’re ready to make the final choice on your roofing system, contact us and we’ll guide you through every step of the process!
Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair – The most common shingle used in the U.S. These shingles can be reinforced with organic or fiberglass materials. Although asphalt shingles reinforced with organic felts have been around much longer, fiberglass-reinforced products now dominate the market.
Wood shingle Roof Repair and shakes – Wood shingles and shakeshingles are made from cedar, redwood, southern pine and other wood types. Wood shingles are machine sawn; shakes are handmade and rougher looking. A point to consider: Some local building codes limit the use of wood shingles and shakes because of concerns about fire resistance.
Tile Roof Repair (clay or concrete) – Tile is a durable roofing material with many different styles, colors, and finishes. Tile Systems are designed to meet certain aesthetic and design styles, and is heavy compared to other residential roofing systems. If you are replacing another type of roof system with tile, you will need to verify that the current roof structure can support the load.
Slate Roof Repair – Slate is considered virtually indestructible. There are several different colors and finishes, and most of these depend on where the rock is quarried. Slate is more expensive than other roofing materials, and requires special skill and experience for installation. There are several synthetic products on the market that offer the look and feel of slate without the high cost.
Birmingham Roof Repair & Replacement
Roof damage can occur during strong storms, high winds and bad weather. Most storm damage to a roof is not easily visible therefore it is important to receive a complimentary inspection from Cardinal Roofing & Restoration as soon as possible to see if your roof is still protecting your home adequately. It is vital that you have a roofing contractor present when your roof is
inspected by the insurance adjuster. It is not possible to make an insurance adjuster approve damage repairs that don’t exist but a good roofing contractor can point out damages that the adjuster may have overlooked. Contact Cardinal Roofing today for your roof repair and roof leak repair needs.
Our contractors install, replace, and repair roofs in Birmingham AL and the surrounding areas, including Hoover, Pelham, Vestavia Hills, Homewood, Trussville, Chelsea, Mountain Brook, Gardendale, Fultondale, Bessemer, Helena, Alabaster, Pinson, Calera, Cullman and within a 50-60 mile radius. Give us a call today at (205) 377-8400 for more information.