Metal Roofing Pros & Cons
Is a metal roof right for your building? Long ago metal roofs were available only in an unsightly noisy tin model, a look and sound quite unappealing for most anyone. Fast forward in time, and now metal roofing options are endless, making them a great option for a home or commercial facility.
Of course, metal roofing advantages extend farther than its versatility, although it certainly exceeds expectations there. Some of the advantages of metal roofing you’ll enjoy include:
- Impact Resistant: Metal roofing is impact resistant, so weather damage isn’t a concern. Plus, metal roofs are wind resistant to winds up to 120 MPH!
- Fire Resistant: A metal roof won’t catch fire and that’s an advantage other roofing materials usually don’t offer. Fire resistant roofing minimizes damage at your home or business in the event of a fire.
- Energy Efficient: Imagine smaller energy bills and then imagine life with a solar radiant metal roof. A 30% to 40% reduction in cooling costs is average for home and business owners using metal roofing.
- Durability: Metal roofing in strong and durable, resistant to many weather elements, and ready to provide many years of great use for those who install it on their home.
- Longevity: No other roofing offers the same longevity as a metal roof. On average, a metal roof provides a minimum of 50 years of great use. Many metal roofs provide closer to 100 years of use.
- Low Maintenance: If you don’t like the thought of spending tons of money for upkeep on your roof or don’t want to see roofing professionals for repairs on a regular basis, you’ll appreciate the metal roof and the low maintenance feature it provides.
- Environmentally Friendly: A metal roof is constructed from 20- 30% recycled material. And, when it’s time to replace the metal roof, it’s completely recyclable!
Stylish: Metal roofs are available in many colors, styles, and designs, and from numerous metal materials, ensuring every home and business owner has the roof they need.
The advantages of a metal roof are plentiful, but there’s a few disadvantages important to know before purchase. Metal roofing disadvantages include:
- Cost: Metal roofing is more expensive than other roofing materials, averaging two to three times more cost. Despite the added cost, a metal roof can prove a true value with time. Compare options to ensure the best metal roofing is selected and the best price received.
- Noise: Although metal roof noises have dwindled from what they were at one time, there’s always some noise, particularly when it is raining or snowing. Extra installation, while an added expense, can reduce the noise from the roof.
- Performance: Low-grade metal materials can cause water to pool on top, depleting the performance expectancy and lifetime of the roof. In fact, this is one of several types of problems that can dwindle the life expectancy of the roof, causing major problems along the way.
Metal Roof Installation
High-quality, professional metal roof installation from Cardinal Roofing ensures a dependable, long-lasting roof that exceeds expectations for many years to come. Cutting corners isn’t on our agenda, like it is with some companies. Instead, we focus on quality installation on every job that we perform. Keeping customers with a smile on their face is our goal. Our experienced installers are knowledgeable in metal roofing and installation of the material, ensuring your complete satisfaction on a job well done. We stand behind every job that we perform, offering an amazing 15-year labor warranty for your peace of mind and protection. You don’t get to the top by being the average company. We go above and beyond to cater to our customers needs, providing a job well done each and every time. And, to top it off, we offer some of the best pricing on metal roofing in the Birmingham area. If you live in Birmingham or the surrounding areas, we’d love to install your new metal roof.
Metal Roofing Costs
Although metal roofing is more expensive than some other roofing materials, it’s worth the added expense. Metal roofing is long-lasting, durable, and safe, and when you choose Cardinal Roofing for your roof, affordable. We vow to provide competitive rates to our Birmingham customers. Our reasonable rates for high-quality work is one of our many qualities that has helped us rise to the top and become one of the most trusted roofing companies in the area.
Call us to request your free, no-obligation estimate. We’ll send a roofer to your home to provide an on-site estimate of costs after going over all your options, answering questions, and otherwise ensuring that you’re knowledgeable of the purchase. Compare our rates and services with others in the area. We’re confident you’ll come back to enjoy our professional, low-cost services.