Cool roof or cool roof coatings can protect your home from the harmful rays of the sun. They are also long-lasting and stronger and can reduce the amount of energy your home needs to stay warm in the winter months. They also reduce the amount of energy that is lost in the summer, keeping your air conditioning bills to a minimum.
Cool roofs also help keep your home looking newer. Because they are made of materials that are highly reflective, rather than absorbent, they reflect sun rays and reduce the amount of heat that is absorbed into your home. This protects both your roof and the HVAC system and stops the surrounding room from becoming too hot.
What Are Cool Roofs
Cool Roofs are roofing products that have a higher ability to reflect heat and UV rays than standard roofing materials. Typically, cool roofs are made of reflective materials such as metal, metalized plastics, and ceramic materials. Cool roofs are also known as white roofs, solar reflective roofs, or light-colored roofs.
Cool roofs have been shown to be up to 90 percent more energy efficient than standard roofs and can result in a significant reduction in energy costs for the homeowner. In addition, they reduce the cooling load of a building and reduce the cooling costs for the building. In fact, building codes in most states require cool roofs in commercial buildings, schools, and other types of buildings.
They are called “cool” instead of “white” because they are not painted white. They are made with a coating that reflects heat, in the same way, that a white object reflects light.
What Is a Cool Roof Coating
Cool roof coatings are made of a special type of paint that is designed to reflect the sun’s rays and reject the heat that the sun produces. Cool roof coatings are usually made of a reflective ceramic material, which is designed to reflect the sun’s rays back into space, instead of absorbing the rays and allowing them to heat up your roof and the air around your roof.
Why Is Cool Roof Coating Important
When you install a cool roof coating on your roof, there will be less heat in your home and this will reduce the amount of energy that you need to keep your home warm. This can save you money on heating bills. In addition, it will reduce the amount of energy that you need to cool your home in the summer months. This means that your air conditioning bills will also be reduced. Warmer air means that you will use less air conditioning, which can be significant cost savings over time.
What Are the Benefits of Cool Roof Coatings
There are a number of benefits to cool roofs, such as:
- Cool roofs cost less to install because they have fewer materials than standard roofs, which means that you can save money on installation.
- Cool roofs last longer than standard roofs, meaning that you can save money on the cost of upkeep and replacement. In addition, cool roofs are more fire-resistant than standard materials, which means that less of your home can burn down.
- Cool roofs are energy efficient and can reduce the amount of energy that your home uses. This can result in significant savings over time.
- Cool roofs also protect your home’s interior from the damaging rays of the sun. This can help to preserve your home’s interior and prevent it from fading and soiling.
- In addition, it can help to keep the moisture out of your home, which is good for your wooden decks and floors.
Installing a cool roof coating on your home’s roof can be a great way to reduce the amount of energy that you use and save money on your electric, gas, and air conditioning bills. In addition to that, cool roofs are designed to have a long life, which means that you can save money on replacement and upkeep. So, if you want to get the best out of your home, you might need a cool roof coating.
Cardinal Roof is a roofing company that specializes in cool roofing and cool roof coatings. Let us assess your roof and help you make sure that it is cool, reflective, and energy-efficient. Get started today!